Campaign for Healthier Solutions
News & Media
Eric Whalen, (971) 998-8786, firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 14, 2018 - Customers Urge Dollar Tree to Act on Toxic Chemicals in Products, Junk Food "Snack Zones" at Annual Shareholder Meeting. Read the news release here.
- May 30, 2018 - Customers Urge Dollar General Executives to Act on Toxic Chemicals in Products at Annual Shareholder Meeting. Read the news release in English or Spanish.
- March 28, 2018 - Educational Video Highlights Toxic Chemicals Found in Microwave Popcorn. Read the news release in English or Spanish.
- December 5, 2017 - Shoppers, Parents and Health Experts Visit 80+ Dollar Tree and Family Dollar Locations Asking for Toxic Chemical Safety this Holiday Season. Read the news release in English or Spanish.
- November 14, 2017 - Major Retailers Graded on Toxic Chemicals in Products and Packaging - Dollar General and Dollar Tree Falling Behind Competition Regarding Safer Products. Get more information here.
- June 22, 2017 - Dollar Tree says it's protecting consumers from toxic chemicals - Group wants proof. Read the article here.
- June 15, 2017 - Dollar Tree Customers Confront Executives At Shareholder Meeting Asking For Nontoxic Products - But Receive No Answers. Read the news release.
- April 18, 2017 - Public Health Campaign Says Dollar General's Illegal Hazardous Waste Treatment is Another Example of Careless Corporate Behavior Endangering Communities. Read the news release.
- 1 de diciembre, 2016 - Consumidores y grupos de salud llevan a cabo más de 65 reuniones con gerentes de tiendas y manifestaciones contra sustancias químicas toxicas encontradas en productos de dollar tree. Lee el comunicado de prensa.
- December 1, 2016 - Campaign supporters across the country call on Dollar Tree to address toxic chemicals in its products through demonstrations, shopper education events, and meetings with store managers of Dollar Tree locations in 26 states. Read the news release.
- September 15, 2016 - On August 16th, the Campaign for Healthier Solutions, the American Sustainable Business Council, and the Learning Disabilities Association of America met with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to press for action on toxic chemicals found in products purchased from ‘dollar stores’. Read the news release.
- August 10, 2016 - The Campaign for Healthier Solutions responded to Dollar Tree’s recently released 2016 ‘Sustainability Report’ expressing deep concern that the company has made no improvements or adopted new policies to identify and phase out toxic chemicals from products it sells since its last report in 2013. Read the news release.
- March 31, 2016 - The Campaign for Healthier Solutions and our partners have released a new report in which nearly 200 food cans were tested for the toxic chemical Bisphenol A (BPA). Nearly 75% of all cans purchased from discount retailers Dollar Tree, Dollar General, 99 Cents Only and Family Dollar were found to contain BPA in their can lining. Read more.
- March 11, 2016 - Protestors Deliver more than 150,000 Petition Signatures to Dollar Tree and Family Dollar in Albaquerque Highlighting Dangerous Chemicals Found In Toys and Other Products. Read the news release.
- November 12, 2015 - Campaign delivers 150,000 petition signatures to Dollar General calling for nontoxic products, but executives will not commit to protecting their customers by taking toxics off their shelves. Read the news release.
- November 9, 2015 - Campaign leaders deliver 150,000 signatures from across the U.S. to the national headquarters of 99 Cents Only asking the company to get toxic chemicals out of the products it sells. Read the media advisory.
- February 4, 2015 – Over 100 diverse organizations launch the Campaign for Healthier Solutions, calling on discount retail chains to adopt policies to remove harmful chemicals from the products they sell. Read the news release.
- August 4, 2014 – New Mega Merger Provides Opportunity to Provide Safer Products – Health, business, consumer, and community advocates see the potential dollar store chains mega-merger as an opportunity for one of the largest retail operations serving low-income customers to improve the safety of its products. Read the news release.
Media & Related News
- March 12, 2016 – KUNM News Story: Shoppers Urge Dollar Stores To Go Nontoxic.
- November 12, 2015 – Deomstration Held Outside 99 Cents only Headquarters
- September 15, 2015 – Hidden Toxins Contaminate Black Homes
- April 8, 2015 – The 10 Most Toxic Items At Dollar Stores
- March 6, 2015 – The Right Chemistry: 5 essential practices help assure safer chemicals in products
- February 4, 2015 – Cuidado con productos tóxicos en tiendas de 99 centavos
- January 22, 2015 – Family Dollar shareholders approve sale to Dollar Tree
- September 2, 2014 – Dollar General Raises Bid for Family Dollar as Buyout Fight Heats Up
- August 1, 2014 – Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Family Dollar-Dollar Tree Deal
- Find and "like" the campaign on Facebook.
- View and download general photos for the Campaign for Healthier Solutions.
- View and download photos of products that were tested as part of the Campaign for Healthier Solutions.
- Share these social media images widely!
Fox 17 WZTV Nashville coverage of our November 12, 2015 campaign efforts at Dollar General.
From our allies at IPEN and
Find more ideas on how to share the campaign with your social network.